These gaskets are suitable for high pressure and temperature applications and are to be fitted in ring groove type flanges. The gasket can seal fluid pressure of up to 20,000 psi and temperature range of -200*C to in excess of 850*C.
Our complete in-house casting, forging and machining facilities enables us to make our own ring cast/forged, ensuring fast turnaround and complete commitment to quality at every stage of manufacture.
Since these are solid metal rings the performance is based on the geometrical accuracy, surface finish of the sealing area and the hardness of the gasket material i.e. the softer the gasket material the better the sealing. We make sure that the hardness is 10% below the upper limit specified by API standards. Under axial compressive load, these gaskets plastically deform and flow into the irregularities of the groove. As the load bearing area of these gaskets is small, a very high surface stresses result between the sealing faces and the groove which allows very high internal pressures to be sealed.
We offer basically 6 Styles of Ring Type Joint Gaskets for various standard pipe flanges. :
- Style R-Oval or R-Octagonal – The Oval fits in round grooved ring type flanges and Octagonal fits in V grooved ring type flanges. R-Oval is inter-changeable and can fit in both the grooves. R-Octagonal
is considered to be having better sealing then R-Oval shape.
- Style RX – It is a pressure energized version of R-Octagonal and fits in V grooved ring type flanges. Style RX has increased height and utilizes the internal pressure to energize and improve the seal. Style RX have pressure relief hole to equalize pressure on both sides of the sealing faces.
It is interchangeable with Style R-Octagonal.
- Style SRX - Subsea Ring Type Joint has two pressure holes, preventing pressure lock when connections are made under water. Two options are provided for drilling
the pressure passage holes..
- Style BX – It fits in V grooved ring type flanges. Style BX have pressure relief hole to equalize pressure on both sides of the sealing faces as it might have got trapped in the grooves.
These are non-interchangeable with any other style..
- Style SBX – Subsea Ring Type Joint has two pressure holes, preventing pressure lock when connections are made under water.
Two options are provided for drilling the pressure passage holes..
- Soft Iron, Low Carbon Steel & F5 RTJ gaskets are electroplated zinc coating to 8-13microns thickness..